Brownies with a twist ;)
Updated: Dec 5, 2020
Whenever I make brownies, my kids look at me suspiciously. …’What have you hidden in them this time they ask?!’
Rich, gooey and absolutely yummy! You definitely can’t tell when eating them what the hidden ingredient is. Can you guess?
200g pitted dates soaked in hot water to soften for 10 minutes
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cacao powder
3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut oil
50g plain flour
50g almond flour
150ml milk (can use dairy free)
1 large ripe avocado
1. Preheat the oven to 175C (Fan oven)
2. Blitz the drained dates, coconut oil, milk and the avocado in a processor.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry.
5. Stir until you have a nice, rich brownie mix.
6. Spread the mix evenly into a 1-2 inch deep baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
7. Bake for approx 35 mins or when a skewer comes out almost clean.
8. Leave in for a few more minutes if not done, but be careful not to burn the top.
9. Leave to cool before cutting a serving.
10. I sprinkled some free dried raspberries on top. Would be lovely with a cup of tea!