How to cut your cooking time in half!
Time is one of the biggest hurdles when it comes to cooking at home and eating healthier!
Healthy food has a bad rep for being long and time consuming!
Believe me, I need meals in minutes and as a busy mum of 4 would love to hear any other tips too!
There never seems to be enough time in the day!
Here are 7 ways to help you cut corners and shave minutes off your prep time, without sacrificing your healthy eating goals.
1. Stock up weekly & Plan ahead! Sounds so simple but make a list, and buy enough groceries to get you through the week. Last minute trips to the store creates headaches —not to mention an opportunity to pick “naughties” you see on the way.
2. Find related recipes/dishes that feature similar ingredients make planning, buying, and prep easier. Eg. you could make a big batch of lentil veg mix to serve with rice one night, and save the extras to freeze/make lasagne or pasta for another day.
3. Prep ahead. Do all of your chopping and measuring when you have time, so later in the week when you’re spread thin you’ll be able to whip together a meal in minutes. My fridge is packed with containers (although sadly it doesn’t last long!)
4. Use frozen veggies—they’re already the perfect size and cut for most recipes. Sssh! Don’t tell anyone but I often use frozen diced onions when I am really short of time!
5. Make your own frozen meals- Double the recipe. Leftovers can be portioned & placed in the freezer for quick weeknight dinners and easy lunches.
6. Invest in an instapot! My lovely mother inlaw swears by it and whips up a delicious meal in minutes!
7. Fish is full of protein & literally takes a few minutes to cook. Whip that up with some veggies and you have a delicious meal in minutes.
Any other tips let me know!